Sunday, November 4, 2012

And so it begins....


Liberty’s Monthly Celebration

of ART. 


By peeking into the world of new, old and different mediums of art, we have the opportunity to be enlightened by new perspectives, ideas, and expand our creative minds.

Meet November's Artist of the Month:


Laura Amiss
Paris, 1920

Hello my name is Laura, I am an illustrator and designer working with textiles and print.

I am originally from the north of England but for the last seven years I have called Amsterdam in The Netherlands home. I live here with my husband and two slightly wild but lovely children.

I graduated in Textiles from Goldsmiths College at the University of London in 2003. After graduating I moved to Amsterdam and started working in the costume Atelier of the National Ballet and Opera house, which was both amazing and daunting (not speaking that much Dutch at the time). I now work freelance as a designer and textiles artist.

 My handmade canvases are unique and are created using a selection of new and reclaimed fabrics. My work is composed of subtle lines and color combinations produced through layering, piecing and sewing fabrics together. I draw inspiration from my everyday environment and hope that the way in which I recapture the landscape or moments of ordinary life allows people to appreciate them with a fresh perspective.
"Cityscape"

My two passions are textiles and illustration
I have endeavored to combine the two in my work.


"When will it stop"  

Feel free to ask me any questions I am very nice.

 
- Laura


Do you have a favorite artist? 
Who would you like to see featured on Life of Liberty?
Prague
Scattered Showers

1 comment:

  1. I love Ansel Adams photography! Thanks for posting this neat artist. Very unique.

    ReplyDelete